Saturday, January 29, 2011

2 YEAR OLD STATS

Update.....

Ethan checked out great at his 2 year doctor's appointment - 36" tall and 33 lbs...and still growing! He has officially been released off of whole milk - which is nice to just have to buy one kind these days. The doctor also commented on his developmental skills - asking me, "he's really smart, isn't he?" I told her, that I thought so, but almost too smart - for his own good. She agreed and wished me luck surviving the terrible twos. We won't even talk about potty training. Ugh... I shouldn't complain - she has twins the same age!

In other Ethan news...he continues to talk up a storm - my personal favorite right now is "I Key Cone" (Ice Cream Cone) - he actually came up with this one on his own. There is an ice cream truck in one of his books and he flips out, tugs on my shirt until he has my 110% undivided attention (which sometimes is still not enough), and yells "I key cone" repeatedly until we are ready to move on to the next exciting thing, and we start all over! Another trademark of his these days is when he put something on his head - whether it is a hat, bucket, car, etc. - he says "ho-ho-ho, ho-ho-ho" apparently he just thinks he is Santa if he is wearing a hat/pretend hat.

So in the midst of wearing us out, being too smart for his own good, and silliness - he has almost mastered his ABC's. We read about them every night, and it's really cute to hear him go "ABCDE...", and just how he pronounces some of the letters...'B' is his favorite. I will try to get a video soon (we have had some download issues with videos lately).

I'll be back tomorrow to post some new pictures. I haven't had a chance to snap anything good lately...but I need to get a picture posted of our newest "family member" - the 46" TV Mike brought home a few weeks ago. Also, Ethan's big boy bed that he loves to jump on!

No comments:

Post a Comment