Tuesday, March 1, 2011

THE LATEST...

Latest updates with the Dean family!

Ethan sure keeps us busy, busy, busy! But, we sure are having fun along the way! He is talking more and more, and learning everyday. Here's a few recent stories...

We read the Dr. Seuss ABC book almost every night, Ethan reads all the letters and we are working on remembering what starts with what letter. So, when we get to M - what else starts with M? Mommy! But when we get to G, and I say, Grandma and Grandpa, he scrunches his eyebrows and tells me no. I suppose because he thinks it's' A-ma and Papa' - that doesn't start with G, crazy mommy!

With the mention of bedtime, Ethan also has a new 'must-have' at bed time. The dog. We also read the "Going to Bed Book" and when we get to the 2nd to last page, he starts yelling "Ge-Ge, GE-GE" (translated - Maggie, MAGGIE!). The unfortunate part, the dog does NOT want to be in his room! So, sometimes the dog sneaks out with me (we make sure the room light and the hall light are off, so we can trick Ethan), or I just explain to Ethan, that Maggie wants to sleep in her own bed. Or, there are times that the dog just needs to live with it until Ethan falls asleep! Who knows what will be next!

Potty training is, well, not happening. I have been trying to encourage him to tell me when he needs to potty, or when I change his diaper we talk about how its yucky to potty in your pants, and so forth. Just lots of talking to hopefully catch his interest. Well, the other day, it was clear that he was working on #2 - here's how this conversation went...

Mommy: Do you need to go sit on the potty?
Ethan: No.
(I asked him a couple more times in different ways, still no.So, I wait until he is done.)
Mommy: Did you go poop? Do we need to change your diaper?
Ethan: No.
Mommy: You didn't poop? Are you lying?
Ethan: (pause, then small sigh), yeaaaaaa, I lying.

Yep, I sure thought that was a stinky little lie! We'll get there...

He is still a food lover - well, junk food with the occasional banana. He sees a McDonalds 2 blocks away and he is yelling (Fies, FIES!) We don't even eat it that often! And, randomly he will ask for Hi-Keam (Ice Cream). It used to be 'I key cone' but switched to "Hi-Keam." We headed to Spencer last weekend, and we went to my parents house. The minute we walked in he asked for "cheese." Cheese? What? My mom always seems to have string cheese, and that's what he remembers about her house! And last, but not least, he has a crazy 2 year old way of saying 'chocolate milk" - I cannot even repeat it or put it into words, but anytime he says it, I know exactly what he means. I guess its one of those special mommy/son communication systems! :)

There's a few laughs for you! I will post some pics above!

No comments:

Post a Comment