Recently, I had an opportunity to do a crafty project! I hosted a bridal shower for my sister and we needed decorations. My mother-in-law was kind enough to gather some old mason jars for me. I bought a small sample of semi-gloss paint and painted the inside of the jars. I never would have thought to paint the inside! I then displayed these as centerpieces with daisies. I just didn't get the creative gene - but that's ok, I have Pinterest to help me now!
Saturday, April 21, 2012
GETTIN' CREATIVE
I have a new found love - Pinterest. I find myself lost for hours on in this wonderful world of pin boards with all sorts of ideas - the types of ideas that you think "why didn't I think of that!" The only issue is, stumbling across these creative ideas and recipes are easy to "pin" to your own board, but actually completing a project is a different story. I have made a commitment to myself to make sure I use these helpful pins - um....someday.
Recently, I had an opportunity to do a crafty project! I hosted a bridal shower for my sister and we needed decorations. My mother-in-law was kind enough to gather some old mason jars for me. I bought a small sample of semi-gloss paint and painted the inside of the jars. I never would have thought to paint the inside! I then displayed these as centerpieces with daisies. I just didn't get the creative gene - but that's ok, I have Pinterest to help me now!
Another Pinterest project - mini fruit pizzas. There is a bigger story to go with these, but I'll save that for another time. Let's just say it involves a HUGE mess, smoke alarms, and Mike Dean. For these, I just bought sugar cookies at the bakery, then Mike made a cool whip/cream cheese mixture for the frosting and just placed blueberries, strawberries, and kiwi on top. They were delicious and were a big hit at Mike's work for breakfast!
And, no post is complete without this little guy. Ethan helped Grandma Marie bake a cake back in January for his birthday. He definitely likes to help pour everything into the bowl, and more recently when helping me with a batch of brownies, we threw in a whole egg - literally, shell and all. Hopefully I will be able to teach him the basics - like crack the egg, then pour it in!
Recently, I had an opportunity to do a crafty project! I hosted a bridal shower for my sister and we needed decorations. My mother-in-law was kind enough to gather some old mason jars for me. I bought a small sample of semi-gloss paint and painted the inside of the jars. I never would have thought to paint the inside! I then displayed these as centerpieces with daisies. I just didn't get the creative gene - but that's ok, I have Pinterest to help me now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment