Saturday, April 21, 2012

THINGS MY KID SAYS

My friend Kelly has been keeping a blog of her family and I always look forward to her posts "Things My Kid Says".  Her little guy, Miles, is the same age as Ethan, so it's fun to hear what she is going through as we are going through some of the same things.  I just have to follow in her footsteps and start documenting more of what Ethan says these days - it's pure entertainment and it will be fun to look back at someday!

Setup: Driving home from daycare...
Ethan: Knock Knock
Mom: Who's there?
Ethan: Ethan Dean
Mom: Ethan Dean Who?
Ethan: (annoyed) Ethan Dean!

Setup: The 3 of us relaxing in the living room one weeknight
Ethan: Look! I'm Daddy! (putting on Mike's shoes)
Mom: Oh, did you put on Daddy's shoes?  Are you going somewhere?
Ethan: I go present shopping
Mom: Oh, is that what Daddy does? That sounds great!
Dad: (rolling eyes and snickering)
Ethan: Bye! (pretends to leave by standing by the door and putting his back to us)
Mom & Dad: Bye, see you later!
Ethan: I Back!  Here, presents! (trying to walk in Mike's size 12 dress shoes)

Setup: Saturday morning, all 3 of us lounging in bed
Ethan: I wanna watch cars-toons
Mom: Ok, go get me the remote
Dad: (sleeping)
Mom: Ugh, why isn't this working? (trying to get the TV & satellite turned on)
Mom: Ethan, I don't know why this isn't turning...
Ethan: (interrupts Mom) MIKE!!!!!!
Mom: (bursts into laughter) Oh Ethan, you make me laugh
Dad: (still sleeping)
Ethan:  MIKE!  The TD (translation: TV) need batteries!
Dad: (still sleeping)
Mom: Shh...his name is Daddy and he's sleeping
Ethan: Oh

Setup: Just a random day at home
Ethan: I want hop-corn (translation: popcorn)
Dad: Ok, what do you say?
Ethan: Pweeze! (translation: please)
Dad: What kind of please?
Ethan: Retty pheez! (translation: Pretty please)
Dad: With???
Ethan: Sure on top (translation: sugar)
Dad: And...
Ethan: a Cherry!
Dad: And...
Ethan: Kinkles! (translation: Sprinkles)
Dad: And...
Ethan: Tisses on top!!! (translation: kisses)
(Ethan gives kisses, and gets his popcorn)



No comments:

Post a Comment